Therapist’s principal duties are to provide physical therapy services consistent with their license and profession as a physical therapist to patients of the employer.
- Evaluate incoming patient conditions to determine appropriate physical treatment programs, and consult with referring Physicians regarding diagnosis.
- Develop and implement physical therapy treatment programs based on each patient’s particular needs.
- Assist patients with all phases of physical therapy treatment and techniques to include:
- exercise instruction
- manual therapy techniques
- modalities (ultrasound)
- activities of daily living
- orthotron testing
- nautilus program
- Document treatments rendered in provided EHR program.
- Consult with referring Physicians regarding patient diagnosis, and communicate changes via progress notes.
- Communicate with referring Physicians and Physical Therapy Assistants regarding patient therapy and equipment.
- Communicate with potential referral sources to expand existing business and cultivate new business.
- Communicate with Physical Therapy Assistants to perform interim therapy evaluations to continually modify and update treatment programs.
- Operate and apply knowledge of standard physical therapy equipment such as ultrasound equipment, nautilus equipment and so forth.
- Refer to appropriate outside sources as necessary.
- Attend continuing educational courses to obtain advanced clinical skills.
- Maintain current knowledge of Physical Therapist roles and continuing trends in the industry.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Supervise overall effectiveness of Physical Therapy Assistants.
- Delegate daily physical therapy treatment instructions and duties such as modalities, exercise programs and manual therapy to Physical Therapy Assistants.
- Communicate with Supervisor regarding staff performance and related personnel matters.
- Degree: Doctorate of Physical Therapy preferred but not required.
- Prior work related experience required.
- Appropriate Certifications/Licenses required.